Re: [ITP] znc 1.6.0

23.07.2015 14:24, Ken Brown ÐÐÑÐÑ:
> On 7/22/2015 8:57 PM, Alexey Sokolov wrote:
>> 23.07.2015 00:03, David Stacey :
>>>      cygport ./znc.cygport prep compile
>>>
>>> Nothing out of the ordinary there. This gives the following error:
>>>
>>>      configure.ac:255: Something is trying to use the C compiler. Since
>>> this is a C++ project, this should not happen!
>>>      autom4te-2.69: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
>>>
>> Hm, I'm not sure why autoreconf would do this (works for me though)
>
> I can confirm Dave's experience.  It's strange that you don't get the
> same failure.  The error message is generated by AC_PROG_CC, which is
> redefined at the beginning of configure.ac.
>
> Ken

Yes, that message is generated by configure.ac in case if some included
macro uses AC_PROG_CC instead of AC_PROG_CXX. But no included macro does
that, neither configure.ac nor m4/*.
So probably it somehow got included from your system m4 macros.

configure.ac:255 is AX_PTHREAD, but it should come from m4/ax_pthread.m4
and it uses C++, not C.

Probably autoreconf ignores existence of m4/ directory?

David/Ken, may you pastebin (or attach) full output of ./configure,
./configure itself, and config.log? Thanks