This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] znc 1.6.0
- From: Alexey Sokolov <alexey+cygwin at asokolov dot org>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 19:30:53 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ITP] znc 1.6.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55AA752A dot 3000303 at asokolov dot org> <55AABF89 dot 7030306 at asokolov dot org> <55AADC2C dot 1070802 at asokolov dot org> <55AB5EC2 dot 2060400 at asokolov dot org> <20150719100317 dot GD19825 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <55ABA522 dot 9000008 at asokolov dot org> <87d1zogku1 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55ABEC90 dot 3040106 at asokolov dot org>
+mailing list back, sorry...
> 19.07.2015 17:42, Achim Gratz :
>> Alexey Sokolov writes:
>>> Thanks, renamed it to cygznc-1.6.dll.
>> You seem to have misunderstood. The name of the DLL should be something
>> where the number indicates the API version.
> Is "1" some special number which should be used?
> ZNC 1.6.0 is supposed to be ABI-compatible with ZNC 1.6.1 (when it will
> be released), so third-party modules compiled against cygznc-1.6.dll
> from 1.6.0 should work fine with cygznc-1.6.dll from 1.6.1 without
> That's why I chose 1.6 as version number for the filename.
> Also, most of .dll files I see in /bin have "-" before the number,
> that's why I've put it here too...