This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] znc 1.6.0
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 21:10:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ITP] znc 1.6.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55AA752A dot 3000303 at asokolov dot org> <55AABF89 dot 7030306 at asokolov dot org> <55AADC2C dot 1070802 at asokolov dot org> <55AB5EC2 dot 2060400 at asokolov dot org> <20150719100317 dot GD19825 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <55ABA522 dot 9000008 at asokolov dot org> <87d1zogku1 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55ABEC90 dot 3040106 at asokolov dot org> <55ABECDD dot 9040805 at asokolov dot org>
Alexey Sokolov writes:
>> Is "1" some special number which should be used?
Just some number that gets bumped whenever the ABI changes
(i.e. applications that link against the library would need to be
>> ZNC 1.6.0 is supposed to be ABI-compatible with ZNC 1.6.1 (when it will
>> be released), so third-party modules compiled against cygznc-1.6.dll
>> from 1.6.0 should work fine with cygznc-1.6.dll from 1.6.1 without
I've just looked at Debian and openSUSE and both do not have a ZNC
>> That's why I chose 1.6 as version number for the filename.
>> Also, most of .dll files I see in /bin have "-" before the number,
>> that's why I've put it here too...
You ahould ask Yaakov, but I seem to remember that the preferred way to
name new libraries is now without the hyphen.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Waldorf MIDI Implementation & additional documentation: