This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] znc 1.6.0
- From: Alexey Sokolov <alexey+cygwin at asokolov dot org>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 00:32:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ITP] znc 1.6.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55AB5EC2 dot 2060400 at asokolov dot org> <20150719100317 dot GD19825 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <55ABA522 dot 9000008 at asokolov dot org> <87d1zogku1 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55ABEC90 dot 3040106 at asokolov dot org> <55ABECDD dot 9040805 at asokolov dot org> <87zj2sezel dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55AC0089 dot 2090304 at asokolov dot org> <20150720074442 dot GJ3864 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <55AD44E9 dot 8070207 at asokolov dot org> <20150721071221 dot GZ3864 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <55AED4D4 dot 1040403 at tiscali dot co dot uk>
> I've had a busy day and I'm a little tired, so I'm probably about to
> make a fool of myself on a public mailing list. Never mind :-) Three
> points on the znc package:
> - Unless I've missed something, all this talk of DLL naming is a
> little academic at the moment, as there is no 'dll.a' file to actually
> link against.
GCC links against .dll (or .so) fine.
> - Has anyone tried building this in Cygwin? I tried rebuilding the
> 1.6.0-2 release, and couldn't get it to compile without hacking the
> 'Makefile.in' files. Even if you generate a 'dll.a', the linker
> arguments are in the wrong order. This doesn't matter in Linux, but it
> /does/ matter in Cygwin. Does this only build if cross-compiled out of
I'm using https://github.com/znc/znc-cygwin to build it on Cygwin.
> - Forgive me for being pedantic, but who gave this a GTG? I couldn't
> find one on this thread, and yet the package is up on the mirrors.
I thought if the package exists in popular distros, no GTG needed?