This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Use "|" instead of "+" when combine the _IO_LINE_BUF and _IO_UNBUFFERED flags
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh dot poyarekar at gmail dot com>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, Feng Gao <gfree dot wind at gmail dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 14:12:40 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use "|" instead of "+" when combine the _IO_LINE_BUF and _IO_UNBUFFERED flags
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+6hz4qE5L-6LQEvVawdKtXXrqpP-c-VO1SmGtamRJUoRWYLRQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150707073145 dot GK13549 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <CA+6hz4r4FjfTN5+AfM=x7_2xCC-3_FMeniMHdYNufBRrd4g8Lg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150707162858 dot GR13549 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <CA+6hz4omaZ2wjwCS1cKOXs27=p0oijUjtP9-8PVbyuDimQDtow at mail dot gmail dot com> <559CE58A dot 90706 at redhat dot com> <CAAHN_R3ZP7CsEEx-2AzDVO3Qh4eHsk+CwBE0E8=w5WRWqU2-zg at mail dot gmail dot com> <559D1BC3 dot 1060703 at redhat dot com> <CAAHN_R24tHX2Cu_vDZ+LtMmjAzjUdFAn0cDV8k2SsbfJksOLuA at mail dot gmail dot com> <mvmvbduiuj1 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
On Wed, 8 Jul 2015, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Siddhesh Poyarekar <email@example.com> writes:
> > Right, I misread what that target was doing. In any case, the right
> > fix here would be to make the check-local-headers target depend on *.d
> > (one of them I guess?) in a way that they're always generated before
> > the script is run.
> It would need to depend on a target that recurses through all subdirs.
> The %.d:%.dt rule is triggered by include $(+depfiles).
I'd say that check-local-headers, instead of being a top-level test at
all, should be a test present automatically in each subdirectory that
checks only files in that subdirectory (and so doesn't need to depend on
anything that recurses, only on something within that directory). See
what I said in
eliminating top-level tests.
Joseph S. Myers