This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Use "|" instead of "+" when combine the _IO_LINE_BUF and _IO_UNBUFFERED flags
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh dot poyarekar at gmail dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Feng Gao <gfree dot wind at gmail dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 18:39:03 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use "|" instead of "+" when combine the _IO_LINE_BUF and _IO_UNBUFFERED flags
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+6hz4qE5L-6LQEvVawdKtXXrqpP-c-VO1SmGtamRJUoRWYLRQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150707073145 dot GK13549 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <CA+6hz4r4FjfTN5+AfM=x7_2xCC-3_FMeniMHdYNufBRrd4g8Lg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150707162858 dot GR13549 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <CA+6hz4omaZ2wjwCS1cKOXs27=p0oijUjtP9-8PVbyuDimQDtow at mail dot gmail dot com> <559CE58A dot 90706 at redhat dot com> <CAAHN_R3ZP7CsEEx-2AzDVO3Qh4eHsk+CwBE0E8=w5WRWqU2-zg at mail dot gmail dot com> <559D1BC3 dot 1060703 at redhat dot com>
On 8 July 2015 at 18:16, Carlos O'Donell <email@example.com> wrote:
> It's not a hack. The script reads from stdin for the list of *.d
> files that were created by the build, but if there are no *.d files
> the shell expansion is empty and that forces the script to read from
> the parent's inherited stdin. Since the parent never writes anything
> to stdin the awk script blocks on the read forever. As Andreas notes
> it should dep on the *.d files existing, and that is true. However,
> even if that were fixed we should still read from /dev/null and
> fail the test even if all the *.d files were deleted between the
> time they were created and the script ran (robust).
Right, I misread what that target was doing. In any case, the right
fix here would be to make the check-local-headers target depend on *.d
(one of them I guess?) in a way that they're always generated before
the script is run.