This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ 15593] Add transliteration data for "LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH STROKE" (ø)
- From: Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 11:05:51 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ 15593] Add transliteration data for "LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH STROKE" (ø)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87r4bkdsyn dot fsf at toke dot dk> <525FDF58 dot 1040002 at redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310171449590 dot 24034 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <525FFD56 dot 5050009 at redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310171634350 dot 24034 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
- Reply-to: myllynen at redhat dot com
On 2013-10-17 19:38, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Oct 2013, Marko Myllynen wrote:
>> for example localedata/locales/translit_combining states "Generated from
>> UnicodeData.txt" so I was thinking if we regenerate the file again in
>> the future from newer upstream data then we might lost these kind of
>> local additions. Both Æ and Ø are in the same block so I'm also unclear
>> why the other was present and the other was missing in the first place.
>> Or am I perhaps missing something here?
> Thanks - that sounds like a third bug for updating from Unicode, not
> either 14094 or 14095 but covered by the same principles regarding first
> working out how to reproduce the exact file (complete with local changes)
> from a relevant old Unicode version, then adapting the generation process
> to work with current Unicode data. Please file a separate bug regarding
> updating the translit_* files from Unicode and automating the process for
> generating them from Unicode data to make future updates easier.
sure, I just filed https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=16061.