This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Re: [PATCH][BZ 15593] Add transliteration data for "LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH STROKE" (ø)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 16:38:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: Re: [PATCH][BZ 15593] Add transliteration data for "LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH STROKE" (ø)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87r4bkdsyn dot fsf at toke dot dk> <525FDF58 dot 1040002 at redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310171449590 dot 24034 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <525FFD56 dot 5050009 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, 17 Oct 2013, Marko Myllynen wrote:
> for example localedata/locales/translit_combining states "Generated from
> UnicodeData.txt" so I was thinking if we regenerate the file again in
> the future from newer upstream data then we might lost these kind of
> local additions. Both Æ and Ø are in the same block so I'm also unclear
> why the other was present and the other was missing in the first place.
> Or am I perhaps missing something here?
Thanks - that sounds like a third bug for updating from Unicode, not
either 14094 or 14095 but covered by the same principles regarding first
working out how to reproduce the exact file (complete with local changes)
from a relevant old Unicode version, then adapting the generation process
to work with current Unicode data. Please file a separate bug regarding
updating the translit_* files from Unicode and automating the process for
generating them from Unicode data to make future updates easier.
Joseph S. Myers