This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ 15593] Add transliteration data for "LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH STROKE" (Ã)
- From: Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat dot com>
- To: Toke HÃiland-JÃrgensen <toke at toke dot dk>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 11:08:03 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ 15593] Add transliteration data for "LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH STROKE" (Ã)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87r4bkdsyn dot fsf at toke dot dk> <525FDF58 dot 1040002 at redhat dot com> <87mwm8dlsw dot fsf at toke dot dk> <525FFCF8 dot 7050105 at redhat dot com> <87vc0vvpch dot fsf at toke dot dk>
- Reply-to: myllynen at redhat dot com
On 2013-10-17 19:23, Toke HÃiland-JÃrgensen wrote:
> Marko Myllynen <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> yes, for "Ã" -> "O" is correct but if I read you patch correctly, you
>> were adding decomposition for Ã (which has no decomposition in
>> Unicode) but then OTOH decomposition is missing for Ã (which has
>> decomposition in Unicode).
> Hmm, well I'm no expert on unicode standards, to say the least. However,
> I can definitely vouch for Ã -> OE and Ã -> AE being the day-to-day
> transliteration conventions. :)
since for Ã we have '<U00C6> "<U0041><U0045>"' I think then for Ã we
should have '<U00D8> "<U004F><U0045>"'.