This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: configuring /var/run with newer autoconf
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Åukasz Stelmach <l dot stelmach at samsung dot com>
- Cc: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 10:55:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: configuring /var/run with newer autoconf
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87lh4pfp7w dot fsf%l dot stelmach at samsung dot com> <20160407175130 dot GS6588 at vapier dot lan> <874mbcfsfv dot fsf%l dot stelmach at samsung dot com> <5707A498 dot 1050500 at redhat dot com> <87a8l0ehml dot fsf%l dot stelmach at samsung dot com> <570BCC51 dot 6020203 at redhat dot com> <87ziszcj78 dot fsf%l dot stelmach at samsung dot com>
Åukasz Stelmach <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I am not sure this is actually true. What is a part of ABI (as far as I
> understand it) is _PATH_VARRUN defined in sysdeps/generic/paths.h and
> sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/paths.h. However, this isn't what nscd
> uses. nscd has its own definitions in nscd/nscd-client.h and nscd/nscd.h
> which apparently are not exported to /usr/include and are not supposed
> to be used outside nscd. That means it should be possible to change the
> the location wher nscd keeps its stuff without breaking ABI.
_PATH_NSCDSOCKET is part of the ABI, it is used by libc to contact nscd.
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."