This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: configuring /var/run with newer autoconf
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Åukasz Stelmach <l dot stelmach at samsung dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 14:31:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: configuring /var/run with newer autoconf
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87lh4pfp7w dot fsf%l dot stelmach at samsung dot com> <20160407175130 dot GS6588 at vapier dot lan> <874mbcfsfv dot fsf%l dot stelmach at samsung dot com>
On 04/08/2016 09:52 AM, Åukasz Stelmach wrote:
>> but you also have another option and what most people have been
>> doing: c) symlink /var/run to /run
> This does not help to avoid deadlocks at all.
Why? It may need changes to autofs, so that it can produce the
required symbolic link, at an early stage of operation.