This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.23 --- Hard freeze starting
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 19:05:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.23 --- Hard freeze starting
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <569D4A42 dot 7030006 at linaro dot org> <569D61E9 dot 1080501 at redhat dot com> <569D6754 dot 4080300 at redhat dot com> <569DD058 dot 6060500 at cs dot ucla dot edu>
On 01/19/2016 06:57 AM, Paul Eggert wrote:
> Florian Weimer wrote:
>> I thought we had something approximating consensus about adding them,
>> but Paul Eggert cast this into doubt recently:
> Yes, I recall that you, Joseph and Carlos were in favor, Roland and I
> opposed, and Zack thought that if we're going to have these functions at
> all, they should be bug-for-bug compatible with OpenBSD, which the
> current proposal is not. This is all off the top of my head and I no
> doubt have forgotten some details and names, but even so this is not a
> good consensus.
> Hard freezes are not the best time to resolve these sorts of things.
> There should be plenty of time before the next hard freeze rolls around.
Adhemerval, whats your opinion on this matter (process-wise, not
necessarily the change in particular)?