This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.23 --- Hard freeze starting
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 21:57:44 -0800
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.23 --- Hard freeze starting
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <569D4A42 dot 7030006 at linaro dot org> <569D61E9 dot 1080501 at redhat dot com> <569D6754 dot 4080300 at redhat dot com>
Florian Weimer wrote:
I thought we had something approximating consensus about adding them,
but Paul Eggert cast this into doubt recently:
Yes, I recall that you, Joseph and Carlos were in favor, Roland and I opposed,
and Zack thought that if we're going to have these functions at all, they should
be bug-for-bug compatible with OpenBSD, which the current proposal is not. This
is all off the top of my head and I no doubt have forgotten some details and
names, but even so this is not a good consensus.
Hard freezes are not the best time to resolve these sorts of things. There
should be plenty of time before the next hard freeze rolls around.