This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
glibc 2.23 --- Hard freeze starting
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 18:25:38 -0200
- Subject: glibc 2.23 --- Hard freeze starting
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
We are now in hard freeze as stated in previous calendar planning .
As before, please keep your commits minimal, documentation changes only,
simple bug fixes, and no translatable strings.
Please start test your machines, refresh the ULP files and update the
release page .
Current I see that we have 4 blockers right now:
1. Add tunables framework: Siddhesh sent a v2 patchset 01/16 without
2. Add strlcpy/strlcat: from latest messages I noted Paul has asked to
delay it to 2.24 for further discussions.
3. Fix ABI for external copies of string function inlines on AArch64:
there are two patches listed in the wiki page. We need to decide which
version to use and narrow down the remaining ABI issues if any.
4. [BZ #19329] Fix race between tls allocation at thread creation and dlopen:
Szabolcs Nagy is confident it won't add regressions and I saw Carlos
only asked for some documentation updates.
Any other blockers and/or comments?