This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.23 --- Hard freeze starting
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 23:29:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.23 --- Hard freeze starting
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <569D4A42 dot 7030006 at linaro dot org> <569D61E9 dot 1080501 at redhat dot com>
On 01/18/2016 11:06 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> 2. Add strlcpy/strlcat: from latest messages I noted Paul has asked to
>> delay it to 2.24 for further discussions.
> The status of this work needs a more detailed summary by Florian.
> What's blocking adding these functions?
I thought we had something approximating consensus about adding them,
but Paul Eggert cast this into doubt recently: