This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 20:50:54 -0600
- Subject: Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1423628064 dot 1704 dot 53 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <980nda5k51tgtnr1oniiihbuegctl6lrlk at 4ax dot com> <980nda5k51tgtnr1oniiihbuegctl6lrlk-e09XROE/p8c at public dot gmane dot org> <1423673567 dot 12472 dot 74 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <uo6ndalkvriaaj3ibdnlpvs2qics11o9mp at 4ax dot com>
On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 14:08 -0500, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > sng Andrew Schulman
> ATM this won't build with libpng16. The source was only patched last year for
> libpng15, and not by the main author. I can't remember now where the patches
> came from - it wasn't me - but I'll see what I can find out.
> If you want to look at the build, here are the cygport and patch files:
> wget \
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/sng.cygport \
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/sng-ChangeLog.patch \
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/sng-sngc.patch \
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/sng-sngd.patch \
I would leave the usage line as is, or add a second line with just sng
-V (without the [file...]), as sng -V [file...] is a no-op.
> And the following files, taken from libpng15 I believe, have to be copied into
> the root of the build tree:
> Don't ask me why, I don't remember and the patches were someone else's. It
However, we want to use libpng16 nowadays instead of libpng15, and the
similar hack with libpng16's headers indeed does NOT work. So this is
(a hopefully rare) case where an older libpng is required. Given the
options, I would prefer to keep libpng12 for this case. I have uploaded
libpng12 for x86_64, and you'll need a few tweaks to force the build to
> ATM the build is failing with:
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
> -I/home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/src/sng-1.0.6 -ggdb -O2
> -pipe -Wimplicit-function-declaration
> -MT sngd.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/sngd.Tpo -c -o sngd.o
> /home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/src/sng-1.0.6/main.c: In function
> warning: implicit declaration of function 'strlen'
> vsprintf(buf + strlen(buf), fmt, ap);
> warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strlen'
main.c is missing an #include <string.h>.