This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 14:08:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1423628064 dot 1704 dot 53 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <980nda5k51tgtnr1oniiihbuegctl6lrlk at 4ax dot com> <980nda5k51tgtnr1oniiihbuegctl6lrlk-e09XROE/p8c at public dot gmane dot org> <1423673567 dot 12472 dot 74 dot camel at cygwin dot com>
> On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 11:28 -0500, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > > orpie Andrew Schulman
> > OK. I just rebuilt orpie, and now it depends on libncursesw10. Is that the
> > right successor to libncurses10? If so, I'll upload the new build.
> Yes, please.
> > > ploticus Andrew Schulman
> > This package needs to be updated and I've tried a few times to rebuild it, but
> > the build always fails and so far I haven't been able to solve it. I'm not
> > actively using it any more anyway, so maybe it's time to obsolete it, unless
> > someone else wants to pick it up.
> I'm always willing to discuss cases like this. Please post the .cygport
> and patches, along with the error message(s) you are seeing.
Hm... I just fixed one problem and it seems to build now. Let me look at this
again when I have a little more time - maybe I can finally update it.
> sng Andrew Schulman
ATM this won't build with libpng16. The source was only patched last year for
libpng15, and not by the main author. I can't remember now where the patches
came from - it wasn't me - but I'll see what I can find out.
If you want to look at the build, here are the cygport and patch files:
And the following files, taken from libpng15 I believe, have to be copied into
the root of the build tree:
Don't ask me why, I don't remember and the patches were someone else's. It
ATM the build is failing with:
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
-I/home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/src/sng-1.0.6 -ggdb -O2
-MT sngd.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/sngd.Tpo -c -o sngd.o
/home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/src/sng-1.0.6/main.c: In function
warning: implicit declaration of function ?strlen?
vsprintf(buf + strlen(buf), fmt, ap);
warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ?strlen?
which seems like a trivial problem, but I haven't conquered it yet.