This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygport patches for TeX Live
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 23:10:11 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygport patches for TeX Live
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5490B70E dot 2040903 at cornell dot edu> <5490BB84 dot 2020506 at cornell dot edu> <54920139 dot 1030605 at cornell dot edu> <87bnn1z7sn dot fsf at Gertrud dot fritz dot box> <5492D29F dot 5050306 at cornell dot edu> <54AA4285 dot 6010805 at cygwin dot com> <54AAC3FA dot 8020204 at cornell dot edu> <87zj9x2jzr dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <54B83546 dot 1030304 at cornell dot edu> <1423702229 dot 12472 dot 126 dot camel at cygwin dot com>
On 2/11/2015 7:50 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On Thu, 2015-01-15 at 16:46 -0500, Ken Brown wrote:
On 1/5/2015 12:52 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Ken Brown writes:
Do you have an opinion about that? I suggested /etc/texmf/postinstall
or /var/lib/texmf/postinstall, but Achim had other ideas. The only
precedent we have so far is Achim's new _autorebase, which uses
Even for this I think /etc is the wrong place and I'd consider moving it
elsewhere. Something in /var on the other hand sounds OK to me.
LSB/FHS seems to suggest /var/lib for this purpose unless there is yet
another more specific requirement I didn't find while browsing it.
In view of https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2015-01/msg00034.html, I'll use
/var/lib/texmf/postinstall for the postinstall markers. I'm attaching revised
I applied and pushed patches 1 and 3; given the texlive/fontconfig
discussion, does 2 still apply?
Not as it stands. But for users who have chosen to make the TeX Live fonts
available to fontconfig (by creating a symlink as discussed in the other
thread), I think I should keep the font caches up to date. I'll send a revised
patch tomorrow that does this.