This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH] Add continuous integration build configuration for Cygwin
- From: Qian Hong <fracting at gmail dot com>
- To: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- Cc: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 22:05:20 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add continuous integration build configuration for Cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALd+sZTkJR9dP0O_DiR6F6-4RjgmzVt5b2vW2-4uUz2J6oC+wg at mail dot gmail dot com> <2dd15002-e11a-67f0-dfbb-9a3bc0fd502d at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- Reply-to: fracting at gmail dot com
On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 8:50 PM, Jon Turney <email@example.com> wrote:
> A couple of points:
> Firstly, the cygwin FAQ is out of date and docbook2X is also required to
> build the documentation.
> I guess this isn't causing visible failures since, unfortunately, the
> makefile just ignores any errors while building documentation.
> I guess it would be better if this was handled by configuration so
> documentation build errors were reported if we had determined we could built
> the documentation.
Agree, I'll install docbook2X and try to build the documentation, give
me some time to play with it :D
> Secondly, it's only obvious from context that 'cygwin-installer' is copy of
> cygwin setup pre-installed in your build VM. You might want to consider
> using 'wget -N' and/or it's normal name here.
Good idea, I'll use wget in next patch. The only problem is 32bit and
64bit use different setup name, so we need to handle it separately in
configuration, but that's not a big problem.