This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH] Add continuous integration build configuration for Cygwin
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: fracting at gmail dot com
- Cc: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 13:50:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add continuous integration build configuration for Cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALd+sZTkJR9dP0O_DiR6F6-4RjgmzVt5b2vW2-4uUz2J6oC+wg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 28/06/2016 10:40, Qian Hong wrote:
I'd like to volunteer to maintain a(nother) continuous integration
build for Cygwin.
+ - uname -a
+ - id
+ - C:/cygwin-installer.exe --site http://mirrors.tea-ci.org/cygwin --local-package-dir Z:/tmp/cygwin -W -P gettext-devel,zlib-devel,libiconv,libiconv-devel,mingw64-i686-gcc-g++,mingw64-i686-zlib,mingw64-x86_64-gcc-core,mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++,mingw64-x86_64-zlib,dejagnu,dblatex,docbook-xml45,docbook-xsl,xmlto -q &> /dev/null
A couple of points:
Firstly, the cygwin FAQ is out of date and docbook2X is also required to
build the documentation.
I guess this isn't causing visible failures since, unfortunately, the
makefile just ignores any errors while building documentation.
I guess it would be better if this was handled by configuration so
documentation build errors were reported if we had determined we could
built the documentation.
Secondly, it's only obvious from context that 'cygwin-installer' is copy
of cygwin setup pre-installed in your build VM. You might want to
consider using 'wget -N' and/or it's normal name here.