Re: [review v2] wcsrtombs: Do not call wcsnlen on input with wrong length [BZ #23711]

On Wednesday, October 30 2019, Florian Weimer wrote:

> * Florian Weimer:
>
>> Florian Weimer has posted comments on this change.
>>
>> Change URL: https://gnutoolchain-gerrit.osci.io/r/c/glibc/+/445
>>

>> Patch Set 2:
>>
>> This change is ready for review.
>
> That is not right because the patch is missing from the email
> notification. 8-(
>
> I submitted the patch as a WIP, to see what it would look like in
> Gerrit.  I think this staging is quite useful as a feature.
>
> The manual says this:
>
> | Alternatively, click Ready from the Change screen.
>
> <https://gnutoolchain-gerrit.osci.io/r/Documentation/intro-user.html#wip>
>
> But I do not see this button.  I clicked “Start Review” instead,
> resulting in the notification above and a spurious v2 being created.
> (Or maybe that happened because I edited the commit message in Gerrit?)

Hm, indeed, maybe the documentation is outdated.  I am also seeing a
"Start Review" button here.

I thought it could be something related to lack of permissions, so I did
a small adjustment and add the necessary permission to the access list,
but I still don't see a "Ready" button.

I wonder what would happen if you'd done a:

  git push gerrit HEAD:refs/for/master%ready

as the documentation says...  I'll submit a patch for review soon, and
I'll give this a try.

Anyway, it is strange because gerrit should have sent a "new change"
notification when you edited the commit message.  Instead, it just sent
a "comment" notification.

If you go the web interface, you can see that the difference between v1
and v2 is exactly the commit message.  Something else that might have
happened is gerrit not sending a "new change" notification when just the
commit message is edited (although I find this unlikely).

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36