This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [review v2] wcsrtombs: Do not call wcsnlen on input with wrong length [BZ #23711]
- From: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at polymtl dot ca>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 11:57:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: [review v2] wcsrtombs: Do not call wcsnlen on input with wrong length [BZ #23711]
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 smtp.polymtl.ca x9UFvmRR001268
- References: <gerrit.1572431418000.I5b28fb36c8d224cf69910fb436ff76bff8f129f6@gnutoolchain-gerrit.osci.io> <20191030103237.7405620AF6@gnutoolchain-gerrit.osci.io> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2019-10-30 6:36 a.m., Florian Weimer wrote:
> That is not right because the patch is missing from the email
> notification. 8-(
> I submitted the patch as a WIP, to see what it would look like in
> Gerrit. I think this staging is quite useful as a feature.
> The manual says this:
> | Alternatively, click Ready from the Change screen.
> But I do not see this button. I clicked “Start Review” instead,
> resulting in the notification above and a spurious v2 being created.
See the paragraph just below in the doc, which starts with "In the new
PolyGerrit UI". The PolyGerrit UI is the newer UI that we use. I suppose
they should change those sentences, because the old UI isn't available
in Gerrit 3 (which this doc targets).
I filed this bug: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=11837
> (Or maybe that happened because I edited the commit message in Gerrit?)
Indeed, the v2 is because you have updated the commit message in Gerrit, we
can see the diff between v1 and v2 here:
Editing the commit message directly on Gerrit is the same as if you'd edit
it locally and pushed the patch again, it creates a new version of the patch.