Re: Setup non-pushing gerrit instance for glibc.

On Fri, 25 Oct 2019, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:

> Unfortunately, you do need to quote the content from the email footer.
> I agree that gerrit should be able to keep track of Message-Id's and
> match the replies using In-Reply-To, but unfortunately it doesn't do
> that.  It relies on the information present at the quoted footer to
> determine which change the email refers to.

If it doesn't work as well as Bugzilla at handling incoming email, it's
probably not ready for serious use in glibc development (i.e. anyone
submitting patches that way will need to watch for replies on the mailing
list that don't get into gerrit's data, until gerrit's email handling is
fixed).  Is there an issue for fixing gerrit to handle emails quoting
relevant context without the footer?

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com