Re: glibc 2.28 status.

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> On 07/23/2018 06:31 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> > On Mon, 23 Jul 2018, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> >
> >> Joseph,
> >>
> >> Likewise. Have you reviewed the content of the patches and agree
> >> the implementation is ready?
> >
> > I have not reviewed the content of the patches.
>
> Do you have any concern with the patches?

No.

> Would you object their inclusion in 2.28 if Adhemerval and Florian agree
> the patches are ready?

No.

I expect Hurd people to need to do work to support C11 threads on top of
HTL (sharing as much code as possible with the implementation on top of
NPTL, at least the testcases and installed threads.h but preferably more),
but I think that's clearly a matter for the Hurd people, whether or not
they get it done in time for 2.28.

I think we're at risk of needing to delay the release because of
insufficient architecture testing by 1 August, but that's independent of
what patches we put in now (I think in future we should be clear that if
any ABI-changing patches are allowed in during slush, there is a strict
deadline of getting such patches in by 10 July / 10 January, so there is a
clear end to the slush period as regards ABI-changing patches and a clear
point at which architecture testing can start).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com