Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke

On May  9, 2018, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@gotplt.org> wrote:

> On 05/09/2018 12:24 AM, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

>> In the presence of one unwithdrawn apparent objection (let's dismiss
>> RMS's in-comments objection for the sake of the argument), raised over
>> a period of 48 hours, what do the rules state?  Do we have consensus, or
>> do we not?

> No you cannot compare DJ's unambiguous objection to the joke to
> Ondrej's most likely tongue in cheek remark (Trump == joke, etc.).  In
> any case I already agreed that in hindsight RMS should have been
> looped into the conversation before pushing the change.

I'll just note you didn't answer the questions, so I'll restate them:
per the rules, would a standing objection suggest we don't have
consensus and should at least check whether the objection was serious,
or is there any justification for outright dismissing it as if it wasn't
even there?

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer