Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke

On Thu, 2018-05-03 at 17:11 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> I'd have thought essential core values and the project leader's request
> would trample aesthetic reasons, personal preferences and even the
> discomfort of extending the coverage of a taboo topic.  But no, the
> project has been taken out of the hands of its founder, and most of the
> appointed stewards seem to think it's reasonable to disregard it, [...]

How did we end up in a place where you consider follow-the-leader to
simply override strong community consensus?  There is no (successful)
glibc without the community.

(Yes, we could argue what the community is considered to be; IMO, the
glibc community is the obvious choice here, not the FSF as a whole.
Nobody in this thread has suggested that the FSF should not publish
something elsewhere.)