This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Large parallel glibc builds.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Carlos Eduardo Seo <cseo at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 15:13:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: Large parallel glibc builds.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5679A3BE dot 2060303 at redhat dot com> <5679AE4E dot 3020907 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On 12/22/2015 03:10 PM, Carlos Eduardo Seo wrote:
> On 12/22/15 5:25 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> I am consistently doing parallel (-j56) builds for glibc on Intel
>> Xeon CPU E5-2697 v3 @ 2.60GHz (2 socket x 14 cores x 2HT).
>> I have not seen any failures or artifacts that look like hazards or
>> races in our makefiles.
>> Is anyone else using larger boxes for builds and still seeing
>> Cheers, Carlos.
> No, I've been doing -j80 builds on POWER8 just fine. I could run a
> test on larger systems, if you wish.
If you have a chance it would be good to collect a little more data.
We will also get some larger boxes to double check.