This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Add basic support for POWER9 sans hwcap.
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Carlos Eduardo Seo <cseo at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: GLIBC <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "Steven J. Munroe" <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 14:07:30 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Add basic support for POWER9 sans hwcap.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56688E89 dot 7040500 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <87oadi2x9h dot fsf at totoro dot br dot ibm dot com>
On Tue, 2015-12-22 at 15:44 -0200, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho
> Carlos Eduardo Seo <email@example.com> writes:
> > This patch adds the minimum changes for supporting the POWER9
> > processor.
> Pushed as b1f19b8.
I have no problems with this being committed, but I do ask that
if we cannot get the HWCAP bits settled (waiting on the kernel
people) before the next glibc release, that we back this out
before the release. I don't think having the AT_PLATFORM and
AT_HWCAP/AT_HWCAP2 masks out of sync is a good thing for the