This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Large parallel glibc builds.
- From: Carlos Eduardo Seo <cseo at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 18:10:54 -0200
- Subject: Re: Large parallel glibc builds.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5679A3BE dot 2060303 at redhat dot com>
On 12/22/15 5:25 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
I am consistently doing parallel (-j56) builds for glibc
on Intel Xeon CPU E5-2697 v3 @ 2.60GHz (2 socket x 14 cores x 2HT).
I have not seen any failures or artifacts that look like hazards
or races in our makefiles.
Is anyone else using larger boxes for builds and still seeing
No, I've been doing -j80 builds on POWER8 just fine. I could run a test
on larger systems, if you wish.
Carlos Eduardo Seo
Software Engineer - Linux on Power Toolchain