This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: fix -Werror regressions with gcc 4.8 on x86_64
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- To: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at ezchip dot com>
- Cc: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 23:24:57 +0100
- Subject: Re: fix -Werror regressions with gcc 4.8 on x86_64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <orr3vr3pa1 dot fsf at free dot home> <oregrq414g dot fsf at free dot home> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1412231952260 dot 31777 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <5499DCBD dot 9080201 at ezchip dot com>
Chris Metcalf <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> NDEBUG is added by default to RedHat/Fedora builds (other than prereleases).
> This has been true since 2009; Andreas can perhaps comment on this, since the
> changelog shows he enabled it.
The fedora glibc has always been built with NDEBUG. My change was to
disable it for glibc pre-releases, for better test coverage.
Andreas Schwab, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."