This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] sort diacritics left-to-right except in fr_CA locale
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 22:47:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] sort diacritics left-to-right except in fr_CA locale
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <oroar4bmxl dot fsf at free dot home>
* Alexandre Oliva:
> This fixes a long-standing collation bug in glibc, affecting all locales
> but de_DE, lb_LU and fr_CA. This led me to write a separate NEWS entry
> for this bug; do we want a bug report in the database regardless?
I wonder if this libc change means that database indexes may have to
be rebuilt. This:
suggests âyesâ. Which means that adopting this change as part of a
system glibc update is quite risky.
I have no idea how to communicate this appropriately. Maybe we should
ask the PostgreSQL folks about opinions on this matter.