This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sox - package is broken
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 20:39:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: sox - package is broken
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5326276F dot 1050103 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <20140317015736 dot GA8086 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20140317022829 dot GB8086 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20140317044230 dot GA1235 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <53278AE6 dot 9040509 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <20140318175353 dot GA1051 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <53289E8A dot 1010601 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <20140318193218 dot GA4530 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20140318231653 dot GA6466 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <5329FA98 dot 50203 at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 08:14:16PM +0000, David Stacey wrote:
>On 18/03/2014 23:16, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 03:32:18PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> Ok. I see a SEGV with "cat >". Investigating.
>> Should be fixed in the current snapshot.
>Thank you for taking another look at this. I've tried with the latest
>snapshot, dated 2014-03-19. This behaves as follows:
> cp ding.wav /dev/dsp
>The above command works fine; all of the audio file is heard.
> cat ding.wav > /dev/dsp
>The segmentation fault is fixed - thanks. The sound is heard, but the
>last 1.5s are truncated. If the wav file is less than 1.5s long then no
>sound is produced.
That should be fixed in the latest snapshot.
> AUDIODRIVER=ao play ding.wav
>This is playing the audio through sox, which is where this whole thread
>started. No sound at all, and no output to the console to indicate that
>sox is attempting to play the file.
I get a usage message from sox if I attempt the above:
play FAIL formats: no handler for given file type 'ao'
Without the AUDIODRIVER, it works as expected.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple