This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sox - package is broken
- From: David Stacey <drstacey at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 23:53:10 +0000
- Subject: Re: sox - package is broken
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <b0f9be09644f90eadb0a5d479b74ad56 dot squirrel at www dot physik dot tu-berlin dot de> <20140310111427 dot GE2828 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <5324E98D dot 2090806 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <20140316114332 dot GB400 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <5326276F dot 1050103 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <20140317015736 dot GA8086 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20140317022829 dot GB8086 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20140317044230 dot GA1235 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
On 17/03/2014 04:42, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 10:28:29PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 09:57:36PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 10:36:31PM +0000, David Stacey wrote:
The issue I have is that close_audio_out() isn't working as you'd
expect: for some reason, the 'audio_out_' member pointer is null
This was because all of the I/O operations were ignoring the archetype
for the device. So, this is likely an old bug.
So, good news/bad news. Good news: I checked in a fix which causes the missing
1.5 seconds to be played. Bad news: The process now hangs in waveOutClose()
in fhandler_dev_dsp::Audio_out::stop. There seem to be a few threads hanging
around waiting for something so obviously something isn't cleaning up right
in the audio code.
Nope. Wrong theory. I know what's causing this but I don't yet know how to
This should all be fixed in the upcoming snapshot.
Thank you for looking at this. I've tried the 32-bit snapshot dated
'2014-03-17', but whenever I pipe a wav file to /dev/dsp I get a
segmentation fault. The error is produced immediately, and no sound is
heard. I've tried wav files both longer and shorter than 1.5s.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple