This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin ans screen
- From: Duane Krings <duanekrings at comcast dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 23:36:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: Cygwin ans screen
Andrew Schulman wrote:
> and it will mostly work. You get a multiplexed screen. But when you
> detach a session most of the time you can't reattach to it, even
> though the processes live on so you have to kill them by hand. There
> were some other minor problems that I forget right now.
The behavior I see is:
1) start screen in xterm #1 then detach
2) try to reattach in xterm #1 fails
3) reattach with xterm #2 works
4) try to reattach in xterm #1 still fails
or in general, the first terminal that tries to reattach to a running
screen session is forever locked out, but all subsequent terminals
> screen is an extremely useful program, and I wish someone could solve
> the Cygwin problems with it. Many people have tried over the years.
> I'd be happy to package it for Cygwin if someone could get it working.
I would think that packaging it a with few minor bugs is better than
waiting, ie. more likely to spur/inspire someone with the skills to
look more deeply.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html