This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: missing 64bit ports (xdelta3 vs xdelta and pristine-tar)
- From: jari <jari dot aalto at cante dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 11:11:09 +0300
- Subject: Re: missing 64bit ports (xdelta3 vs xdelta and pristine-tar)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150715182833 dot GT16720 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <55A6BEAE dot 3040808 at cornell dot edu> <20150716080656 dot GF26914 at picasso dot cante dot net> <55A766E0 dot 2030706 at gmail dot com> <20150716081713 dot GG26914 at picasso dot cante dot net> <87h9p43q8t dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150716235202 dot GI26914 at picasso dot cante dot net> <55A89361 dot 3000802 at gmail dot com> <20150717072234 dot GJ26914 at picasso dot cante dot net> <87wpxyfy33 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On 2015-07-17 20:17, Achim Gratz wrote:
| jari writes:
| > All good, provided that:
| > xdelta1 => /usr/bin/xdelta (the original)
| > xdelta3 => /usr/bin/xdelta3
| Why? The most current version of pristine-tar from git includes a commit
| that gets rid of the hardcoded command names.
Could you point me to it. Joey's attic Git?
| Given that it's pristine-tar that holds onto an earlier version of
| xdelta, I don't see why other users of xdelta expecting to get the
| latest version should be suffering from that.
The official setup in Debian:
xdelta: /usr/bin/xdelta (version 1.1.3)
I think we should ensure compatibility between operating systems by
having similar setup.