This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: missing 64bit ports (xdelta3 vs xdelta and pristine-tar)
- From: jari <jari dot aalto at cante dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 10:22:34 +0300
- Subject: Re: missing 64bit ports (xdelta3 vs xdelta and pristine-tar)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55A66D0B dot 7030603 at gmail dot com> <20150715182833 dot GT16720 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <55A6BEAE dot 3040808 at cornell dot edu> <20150716080656 dot GF26914 at picasso dot cante dot net> <55A766E0 dot 2030706 at gmail dot com> <20150716081713 dot GG26914 at picasso dot cante dot net> <87h9p43q8t dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150716235202 dot GI26914 at picasso dot cante dot net> <55A89361 dot 3000802 at gmail dot com>
On 2015-07-17 07:32, Marco Atzeri wrote:
| On 7/17/2015 1:52 AM, jari wrote:
| >There will be need for pristine-tar for long foreseeable future. It's
| >mature already.
| >| The option above may no longer be needed with xdelta3, since from
| >| reading the manpage it seems it no longer automatically decompresses
| >| its input. But there are likely other incompatibilities.
| >Let's hear what the xdelta3 developer says about xdelta1 --pristine
| >option. I can then patch the code and test it more.
| his answer:
| "Xdelta3 and xdelta1 use completely different file formats. I have
| considered an option to translate old xdelta1 patchfiles into current
| xdelta3 patchfiles, but bugfixes and release work keep taking priority."
| I will repack xdelta1
| As I already bumped xdelta to 3.x series
| any problem if I create a new xdelta1 package ?
All good, provided that:
xdelta1 => /usr/bin/xdelta (the original)
xdelta3 => /usr/bin/xdelta3