This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Binutils 2.10 and Dynamic Loader
- To: shay at jungo dot com
- Subject: Re: Binutils 2.10 and Dynamic Loader
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- Date: 23 May 2001 17:48:28 +0100
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <0105171837150N.email@example.com>
> I'm trying to use binutils 2.10 (BU),
There is now a 2.11 release of binutils, so if this is a bug, you may
find that this release fixes it.
> However , compiling the SO with BU 2.10 I see that the <data> section (see
> below) is created for the string without pointing to the <.rodata> section,
> and letting the loader to make 'complicated' relocation using the
> relocation table (elf header). Since rodata is a section , the dynamic
> loader ld.so.1 only adds the offset to that symbol , and there for the
> relocation is done in wrong way.
Why is the relocation wrong ? The location of the string is the same
as the location of the start of the .rodata section, just as specified
in the reloc.
> Is it a problem of the 2.10 ld , or a
> problem of the dynamic loader (libc.2.0.6) ?
I would say that if the reloc is not being processed correctly then it
is a problem with the loader.