This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
- To: Colin Burgess <cburgess at qnx dot com>
- Subject: Re: DT_TEXTREL
- From: amodra at one dot net dot au
- Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:29:58 +0930
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <200105141506.LAA03198@node570.ott.qnx.com>
On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 11:06:24AM -0400, Colin Burgess wrote:
> There seems to be a problem in the elf linker where a DT_TEXTREL is
> not being created when a .rel.text is present. This is because the
> .text segment is marked as writeable until the last minute when
> config.text_read_only is checked.
> I want to check for text relocations at load time, and a DT_TEXTREL
> seems to be the cheapest method so far.
> Any suggestions as to how best to resolve this bug, or a better method
> for detecting relocs against readonly sections such as .text?
Please tell us the version of binutils, and the target you are
talking about. Your problem is quite likely target-specific.