This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Bug in dwarf1.c
- To: nickc at redhat dot com (Nick Clifton)
- Subject: Re: Bug in dwarf1.c
- From: "Colin Burgess" <cburgess at qnx dot com>
- Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 15:08:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
Previously, you (Nick Clifton) wrote:
> Hi Colin,
> : In bfd/dwarf1.c, dwarf1_unit_find_nearest_line is defined as taking
> : an address that is of type unsigned long. However, the address is
> : passed as an bfd_vma, which is not necessarily unsigned long (eg on
> : our platform is is unsigned long long).
> : Should addr be redefined as bfd_vma, or should addr be cast before
> : calling this function?
> Actually I think that the proper thing to do is to change the type of
> the 'addr' variable in _bfd_dwarf1_find_nearest_line(). This is
> because 'addr' is compared against 'low_pc' and 'high_pc' in the
> dwarf1_debug structure, and these are both unsigned longs.
Ah yes. Thanks.