SFC offers project membership to Sourceware; three video-chat discussion times with SFC available

Daniel Pono Takamori pono@sfconservancy.org
Thu Sep 8 19:16:35 GMT 2022

We're pleased to report that SFC's Evaluations Committee has voted to
accept Sourceware! The next step is to review the legal agreement:

    https://sfconservancy.org/docs/sponsorship-agreement-template.pdf
    https://sfconservancy.org/docs/sponsorship-agreement-template.odt

We're in the middle of updating our template to improve it a little bit,
but there are no substantive changes. The most important section is
building the governance section 6, for which the template has various
suggested structures.

We'd like to have a meeting where anyone can join and ask questions
about the agreement or anything else about joining SFC. We'll be hosting
3 calls to let community members join when is best for them: 15:00 UTC
Friday, 18:00 UTC Saturday and 17:00 UTC Monday on BigBlueButton. We'll
post the links to this mailing list right before the calls.

Just for clarity since we heard about some confusion in backchannel: SFC
is offering membership to the Sourceware hosting project itself, not to
the guest projects that receive services *from* Sourceware. We are
completely aware that, for example, the various GNU projects that
receive services from Sourceware already have a fiscal sponsor — i.e.,
the FSF. We are not seeking to take those projects from the FSF,
rather, to offer SFC's services to the Sourceware hosting platform
itself.

We're glad to answer questions on this and anything else related at
these sessions!

Thanks and see you there!
-Pono