check-target-newlib problem

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Wed Mar 24 11:08:00 GMT 2004

Jon Beniston wrote:
> I'm having a bit of a problem getting to "make check-target-newlib" to
> work. When I run it, I get:
>
> Running
> /cygdrive/c/Beniston/excess/newlib/newlib/testsuite/newlib.iconv/iconv.e
> xp ...
> ERROR: (DejaGnu) proc "newlib_target_compile
> /cygdrive/c/Beniston/excess/newlib/newlib/testsuite/newlib.iconv/iconvjp
> .c /cygdrive/c/Beniston/excess/build/newlib
> /excess-elf/mword-bits=32/newlib/testsuite/iconvjp.x executable {}" does
> not exist.
>
> If I cut 'n paste the newlib_target_compile proc from newlib.exp into
> passfail.exp it works, but I'm guessing I shouldn't have to do this.
> Adding a load_lib newlib.exp doesn't work.
>
> Perhaps it's a side effect of this hack, but its seems that the test
> programs are being compiled without the multilib flags.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
> JonB

You are right that newlib isn't using the multilib flags for testing.  I have an
mn10300 build that runs the testsuite under the different multilib directories
but isn't changing the flags.  I'll have to look into how to set this up properly.

Regarding your problem, by any chance have you not set up your DEJAGNU
environment variable to point to your site.exp?  As well, you will need
something in your dejagnu baseboards for your excess-elf platform.

For example, for mn10300, I have the following in my site.exp:

verbose "Global Config File: target_triplet is $target_triplet" 2
global target_list
case "$target_triplet" in {
     { "mn10300-*elf" } {
         set target_list { "mn10300-sim" "mn10300" }
     }

There is a corresponding mn10300-sim.exp in my /usr/share/dejagnu/baseboards
directory.