Proposal: Drop GDB support for Python versions < 2.6

Jan Vrany jan.vrany@fit.cvut.cz
Wed Feb 20 21:44:00 GMT 2019

On Wed, 2019-02-20 at 16:29 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-02-20 at 13:45 -0700, Kevin Buettner wrote:
> > Going even further, since 2.6 is no longer supported by the Python
> > community, I'd also be okay with saying that GDB only supports Python
> > 2.7 and Python 3.X.
>
> Don't know if anyone cares, but as a heavy user of Python support in
> GDB, I'm fine with this.  As long as GDB still supports Python 2.7 it's
> A-OK with me.

As for myself, as another user of python support, fine with me.

Actually, I'd even be fine with more radical move, dropping support
for 2.x altogether. Python 2.7 support will end in less a year
from now anyway.

Just my two cents.

Jan