building GDB 9.0.50.20191206

Wadud Miah wadud.miah@nag.co.uk
Thu Dec 12 10:47:00 GMT 2019

Hi everyone,

I am trying to build GDB 9.0.50.20191206 from source and am getting the following error:

configure: error: source directory already configured; run "make distclean" there first
configure: error: .././../../gnulib/configure failed for build-gnulib-gdbserver
configure: error: ./configure failed for gdbserver
make[1]: *** [Makefile:9534: configure-gdb] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/src/gdb-9.0.50.20191206'
make: *** [Makefile:852: all] Error 2

I don't need the server component of GDB as I will be debugging locally, but could not find any option in the configure script to disable the building of the server component. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Wadud.

Dr. Wadud Miah
Numerical Algorithms Group

Disclaimer

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business.