building GDB 9.0.50.20191206

Joel Brobecker brobecker@adacore.com
Thu Dec 12 14:10:00 GMT 2019

Hello,

> I am trying to build GDB 9.0.50.20191206 from source and am getting the following error:
>
> configure: error: source directory already configured; run "make distclean" there first
> configure: error: .././../../gnulib/configure failed for build-gnulib-gdbserver
> configure: error: ./configure failed for gdbserver
> make[1]: *** [Makefile:9534: configure-gdb] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/src/gdb-9.0.50.20191206'
> make: *** [Makefile:852: all] Error 2
>
> I don't need the server component of GDB as I will be debugging locally, but could not find any option in the configure script to disable the building of the server component. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Let me point you to the message I sent following the announcement of
the availability of the first pre-release:
https://www.sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2019-12/msg00451.html

I apologize for the message about the branch being created not
but that's because these are automated, and I didn't know about
that issue at the time the branch was created.

--
Joel