ambiguous linespec decision point

Sergio Durigan Junior sergiodj@redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 23:15:00 GMT 2011


Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> writes:

> It is time to decide whether the ambiguous linespec patch should go in
> for 7.4 or be delayed until 7.5.  Since I am ready to be done with this
> patch, I don't think I can be really objective about it, so I am looking
> for input on this topic.
>
> At this point the patch is regression free, according to the test suite,
> and Joel has fixed the remaining problems shown by the AdaCore test
> suite.
>
> The main risk is just that the patch is quite large and so there may be
> regressions lurking that the test suite has not revealed.

I know my opinion does not count that much, but I think it is OK to
check it in since you both spent quite some time hunting and solving
bugs on this.  Moreover, after the branching we would have two weeks
IIRC to find some regression and fix it.



More information about the Gdb mailing list