readline rebase 5.1->6.2?

Eli Zaretskii eliz@gnu.org
Sat Apr 2 10:29:00 GMT 2011


> From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
> Cc: jan.kratochvil@redhat.com, gdb@sourceware.org, ktietz@redhat.com
> Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 08:19:32 -0600
> 
> >>>>> "Eli" == Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> 
> Eli> The question is, what should we do about these patches?  Submitting
> Eli> them to upstream readline would be the best course (assuming the
> Eli> readline maintainer is willing to include them), but that means we
> Eli> will have to either wait for the next readline release or keep our
> Eli> local patches for the time being.
> 
> Yes, submit them.  It is ok if it takes a while for the new readline to
> reach our tree.  The result can't be worse than our current situation.

I sent a private mail to the readline maintainer with the patches.
Let's see what he replies, and take it from there.



More information about the Gdb mailing list