readline rebase 5.1->6.2?

Eli Zaretskii eliz@gnu.org
Sun Apr 3 03:01:00 GMT 2011


> Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 13:29:45 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: jan.kratochvil@redhat.com, gdb@sourceware.org, ktietz@redhat.com
> 
> > From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
> > Cc: jan.kratochvil@redhat.com, gdb@sourceware.org, ktietz@redhat.com
> > Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 08:19:32 -0600
> > 
> > >>>>> "Eli" == Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> > 
> > Eli> The question is, what should we do about these patches?  Submitting
> > Eli> them to upstream readline would be the best course (assuming the
> > Eli> readline maintainer is willing to include them), but that means we
> > Eli> will have to either wait for the next readline release or keep our
> > Eli> local patches for the time being.
> > 
> > Yes, submit them.  It is ok if it takes a while for the new readline to
> > reach our tree.  The result can't be worse than our current situation.
> 
> I sent a private mail to the readline maintainer with the patches.
> Let's see what he replies, and take it from there.

Chet agreed:

> Sure, I'll look at applying the patches.  They'll be in the next readline
> release.

So we can now act on the assumption that the DJGPP-related patches to
readline are no longer an issue.

Note that I didn't do anything about the MinGW patches.  I suggest
that their author(s) submit them to readline.



More information about the Gdb mailing list