Getting asm macros expanded

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 11:50:00 GMT 2009

Hi Philipp,

> I'm looking for a way to get inbetween the assembler macro processor
> and the assembler: I'd like to get the assembler sources mostly as-is,
> but with the macros used therein already expanded.

The short answer is "no".  Using "as -am" has already been suggested and
this is as close as your are going to get.  Unless you take the
assembler sources and use them to create your own
assembler-pre-processor tool.

This does beg the question however of "why do you want to do this" ?  Ie
why do you need to intercept the expanded macros before they are
assembled ?  It seems likely to me that there may be another way to
solve whatever problem you face.