Getting asm macros expanded

Ph. Marek philipp@marek.priv.at
Wed Mar 18 09:27:00 GMT 2009

<Ph.Marek> writes:
> Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin <at> googlemail.com> writes:
> >   Does the '-am' flag not work in some way, or is it just that you want pure
> > assembler output rather than listing files?
> Well, obviously it's easier if I only have to parse a single format (and
> "normal" [handwritten] assembler is needed); but if there's no other way than
> to parse some other text, that's what I'll have to do.
I took a deeper look at that, and it gets a bit complicated ...
I take everything after the first tab of the "as -alm" output, but there are
things like

    #include <netinet/in.h>
    #ifndef __sun__
    /* ...
    */
    static inline ...
    {
    }

ie. it seems to include files that are marked via
    #APP
    # linenum filename

in the listing - although "-ah" isn't used ...

Regards,

Phil