current cvs version build issues

Jim Wilson wilson@specifixinc.com
Thu Oct 23 04:22:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 19:31, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> That means that there _was_ a 'c++' in your path but it didn't work, I
> bet.

The top-level configure.in file defaults CXX to c++ if it isn't set.
This seems curious, but I suspect it has never been a problem because we
don't have any host C++ code.  Sid is in C++, but is not in wide use.
Dejagnu has configure checks for C++, but last time I checked, it
doesn't need it for the build, it only needs it for the testsuite.
Well, OK, there is gperf, but that is in target_tools, so that it gets
built after gcc/libstdc++, which means we don't need a pre-existing C++
compiler to build it.  And I see gperf isn't even in the src tree,
though it did used to be in the Cygnus tree.